Synopsis:
Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. Our
world has been invaded by an unseen enemy. Humans become hosts for these
invaders, their minds taken over while their bodies remain intact and continue
their lives apparently unchanged. Most of humanity has succumbed.
When
Melanie, one of the few remaining "wild" humans, is captured, she is certain it
is her end. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, was
warned about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions,
the glut of senses, the too-vivid memories. But there was one difficulty
Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish
possession of her mind.
Wanderer probes Melanie's thoughts, hoping to
discover the whereabouts of the remaining human resistance. Instead, Melanie
fills Wanderer's mind with visions of the man Melanie loves - Jared, a human who
still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body's desires,
Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she has been tasked with exposing. When
outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off on a
dangerous and uncertain search for the man they both love.
My thoughts:
Doesn't that just want to make you read this? No? Couldn't blame you since the other reviews have given the book a low rating. If it did pique your interest I recommend this book to you. Not everyone loved this book due to the fact
that nothing really happened in the begining but, for me personally, I love books that are long because they continue the story for as long as it could. Just face it, who likes to see a book end when it was just getting good?
Anywho, I borrowed The Host from a friend and I thank her for that and thank her for all of the other multiple books she has let me borrowed. I've been inclined to re-read The Host but I don't think she will let me anymore because the book was pretty beat up by the time I gave it back. Next time I see her I'd probably have to beg.
Stephanie Meyers Twilight series was a fasinating collection and I loved up until I read Breaking Dawn because in that book nothing really happens. When the books were being made into a movie and I first watch Twilight I was like "No! They ruined the book!" which is true in my opinion. I believe some books are better left alone especially this series. Though, when I watched Breaking Dawn Part 1 I have to say that that one was my favorite yet.
Stephanie Meyers Twilight series was a fasinating collection and I loved up until I read Breaking Dawn because in that book nothing really happens. When the books were being made into a movie and I first watch Twilight I was like "No! They ruined the book!" which is true in my opinion. I believe some books are better left alone especially this series. Though, when I watched Breaking Dawn Part 1 I have to say that that one was my favorite yet.
Anyways, The Host was a beautiful book. Even if it is too long and
something doesn't happen until the middle it is still an experience to behold. Though, there were some parts that kind of dragged on for a while but all in all, I loved it.
Happy Reading!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment away to your hearts desire!