- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 102 KB
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Catapult Press (October 31, 2011)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0061V4H9C
- Tahlia Newland
- Synopsis:
- Julia meets a descendant of the gods and faces having her memory wiped, but if he really wants her, she might end up with a god of her own. Ellen is given a choice, death or a half life amongst murderous sirens, but is there a possibility she hasn’t considered? Damien faces Eleanor in a battle of light in a desperate attempt to avoid his mistress’s punishment for a spell gone wrong, and a hole in the pavement becomes Norris’s passport to a longed for future. Nona faces death in an ancient temple but dreams of a modern cancer patient. Will either of them escape their fate? Finally, Sally discovers a pair of rose coloured glasses and a man that may or may not be a wizard.
My Thoughts:
A Matter of
Perception is a collection of short storied that Tahlia Newland has created. I
have always been a fan of the whole powers and depth of characters portrayed in
books and as I read 'Mistril's Mistake' and 'A Hole in the Pavement' (which were
the two that I loved) I automatically loved the anthology.
As you read on each of the six short stories represent a theme in them. As I
was reading through them all I started to get the sense of life lessons hidden
within the words of the pages.
Here are two of them:
'The Boneyard'
'The Boneyard' really piqued my interest as I read it. It is true that people
live their lives in danger by making assumptions before hand and this can cause
a drastic change in your life. In other words, think before you act or else you
will end up deeper into the mud than you were before and no one likes being
dirty.
'The Rose Coloured Glasses'
I really like this short story also. As we should all know everything
(living) has emotions and sometimes certain emotions rise up higher than all of
the others. As we humans forge on during our day we like to let our emotions
overrun ourselves and change our views of what we see and this could be a bad
thing in certain situations or, more hopefully, a good thing. It is important
that we do not let our emotions cloud our own judgment. And this is my advice to
everyone (even though I suck at giving advice).
A recommend this book to anyone!

I liked it too! :)
ReplyDelete-Nely Cab
www.nelycab.com
:D Which of the stories was your favorite?
ReplyDelete