Title: Dreamless
Hardcover: 496 pages
- Publisher: HarperTeen
- Release Date: May 29th, 2012
- Format Received: ARC Paperback Copy
- Available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Indie Bound
Synopsis: As the only Scion that can enter Hades at will, Helen descends to the Underworld in search of a way to overcome the Furies and end the cycle of revenge that has cursed the Scions. But she’s running out of time. Each descent weakens her both in mind and spirit. A mysterious stranger might be her only salvation, but the price may be her love for Lucas Delos.
As an unforgettable love triangle emerges, Josephine Angelini’s compelling saga becomes ever more intricate and spellbinding. The eagerly awaited sequel to the internationally bestselling Starcrossed, Dreamless delivers with a huge emotional impact that will leave readers satisfied—and longing for more.
My Thoughts!
First of all, I'd like to thank Mrs Josephine for the giveaway that was held on her website which I so happily won. I am so grateful for this book and honoured to have read it a few months before its release date. I finally got the chance to read it on my way to and from Miami and during my flight and finished as my flight touched down and I have to say, I absolutely, positively, irrevocably loved it!! I want so much for the next book! Everything about Dreamless overwhelmed me and made me fall head over heels in love with the characters, the action, the love, and the settings all over again.
After Helen just finding out the love of her life, Lucas, is supposedly her cousin it left a devastating blow on her life and her heart. As time past the pain became increasingly worse but not as worse as descending to the Underworld to find a way to overcome the Furies. But, she is running out of time. As Helen descends each time she is left weak and frozen in her bed. After finding no other human life in the Underworld, Helen is surprised when a mysterious person saves her. Frightened and confused, Helen has no other option but to trust him.
Desperate, Helen has to forge through the Underworld in search for the Furies with this stranger and find a way to destroy them so that all the houses will be free of the Furies rage. When hope seems to win out everything comes tumbling down. After all that has happened so far, Helen wonders if anything can possibly get any worse.
I read some of peoples comments about the love triangle in the story. What I have to say to this, I like love triangles to some extent but not too much. I'll try not to spoil the book but this absolutely my opinion. I thought that there wasn't much a love triangle much in the story but I am sure that in the next book it might become more prominent though. I'm just giving people a heads up about it and what I say about the love triangle might be more or less to you.
Anywho, Dreamless left me staying up late to the early morning hours the next day and leaving me breathless. I recommend this book those who have loved Starcrossed and are craving for the rest of this fantastic story.
Rated [T]

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment away to your hearts desire!