Title: A Million Suns
Hardcover: 386 pages
- Reading Level: Ages 12 and up
- Publisher: Razorbill
- Author: Beth Revis
- Release Date: January 10th, 2012
- Genre: Sci-fi
- Format Received: Hardcover Book
- Available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Indie Bound
Synopsis: Godspeed was once fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos. It’s been three months. In that time, Amy has learned to hide who she is. Elder is trying to be the leader he’s always wanted to be. But as the ship gets more and more out of control, only one thing is certain: They have to get off the ship.
My Thoughts!
I was seriously dwelling on the thought of getting Across the Universe when it came out. I loved the cover but I was a bit cautious yet excited at the same time. Why? Because it was a story set in space where a bunch of people have been living on a ship for many generations because of a plague but I was super excited because of those reasons (if that makes any sense). Even though I might had second thoughts on Across the Universe, I didn't regret buying it because then, I wouldn't have enjoyed A Million Suns even more!
After my long waited time on getting this book, I cracked it opened as soon as I got it and sat down and read. I was awed and exasperated when the book closed at the end. All I know is that my heart was pumping, my cat kept irritating me making my anxiety for the next book even worse and to top it off...Well, nothing can really get worse than that. To say the least, I cannot wait to get my hands on the third book! I know authors leave a cliffhanger to a reader to read the next book but the suspense is killing me (not really but close). Even the black page that is in the middle of the books was not what I expected.
The story starts right where it left off in Across the Universe. This time in the series, the characters are stronger than ever and even more twists and turns were added leaving the end a mystery as to who did what? a pain. Also, new characters were introduced which added to the extreme affect to the story and for my love of them and for my hate for them. I loved the growing relationship between Amy and Elder in this book. I found even more likeable and easier to handle than the first one (not that I didn't love it). Though, I'd have to say, elder did leave an everlasting imprint on me because of his devotion and his willingness to become what he has always wanted to be.
I'm trying my best not to tag this review with spoilers so is not to ruin the book for anyone who hasn't read it yet. But, what I have to say is, ready?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment away to your hearts desire!