Title: Obsidian
When I first heard about Obsidian, a lot of people have been raving about how amazing the book was and how much they loved Daemon. So, I did a little research on the book and then I instantly became hooked because of the book was about aliens. Though, I was a bit worried that the book was only written in eight days since the first thing that came through my mind was, "It couldn't be that good since it was written in such a short amount of time," but I was completely wrong.
Now I know what all the buzz is about Daemon. In the beginning, I was a bit skeptical on how Daemon's character would end up in the book. At first, he comes out aggressive, arrogant, smug and town bad boy, it was a shock at the end of the book for me. Don't get me wrong, I loved him ALL the way through but at the end...(insert dreamy sigh here) I just can't get enough of Daemon! And to make him even more irresistible, the instant connection, even though violent, that Daemon and Katy have. Just how they both clash and aim teeth and nails at each other is very quite amusing.
Anywho, this book was gripping, heart stopping, squeal worthy, and intense! There are not many YA books that have anything to do with Sci-Fi and when I read Obsidian I was astonished and overwhelmed. First of all, I adored Katy and her mother. Moving to West Virginia after three years of trying to live a normal life in Florida after her dad died, the one thing she loves to do is gardening. Mustering up the courage to meet her neighbours to ask where the nearest gardening store was, Katy didn't expect Daemon. “Beautiful face. Beautiful body. Horrible attitude. It was the holy trinity of hot boys.” Though, something seems odd about the way they move, how they talk, act, seeming to keep to themselves and how everyone in town stays away from them. Many explanations run through Katy's mind but it was one that she least expected.
Daemon was an Alien.
Or, a Luxen to be more precise. After almost dying countless times and seeing things that weren't supposed to happen, Katy can't do anything but believe that he was an alien.
Besides the amazing writing and characters, what definitely stood out was the romance. Daemon and Katy's relationship was an up and down one. Not like a high school crush. Daemon and Katy can't stand each other. Being in the same room complies too many negative energy between them. It was appealing in the emotional atmosphere it creates. The relationship between them was refreshing. The dance between them is well balanced and defined in a professional way. Jennifer has an art for writing.
All in all, Obsidian was intense and fierce and also addictive. A hot, intriguing boy, a strong, female character that loves to blog, both equate to a book that has earned five stars. (Even more if I could).
- Paperback: 292 pages
- Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC
- Release Date: April 10th, 2012
- Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Indie Bound
Synopsis: Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is.
My Thoughts:
When I first heard about Obsidian, a lot of people have been raving about how amazing the book was and how much they loved Daemon. So, I did a little research on the book and then I instantly became hooked because of the book was about aliens. Though, I was a bit worried that the book was only written in eight days since the first thing that came through my mind was, "It couldn't be that good since it was written in such a short amount of time," but I was completely wrong.
Now I know what all the buzz is about Daemon. In the beginning, I was a bit skeptical on how Daemon's character would end up in the book. At first, he comes out aggressive, arrogant, smug and town bad boy, it was a shock at the end of the book for me. Don't get me wrong, I loved him ALL the way through but at the end...(insert dreamy sigh here) I just can't get enough of Daemon! And to make him even more irresistible, the instant connection, even though violent, that Daemon and Katy have. Just how they both clash and aim teeth and nails at each other is very quite amusing.
Anywho, this book was gripping, heart stopping, squeal worthy, and intense! There are not many YA books that have anything to do with Sci-Fi and when I read Obsidian I was astonished and overwhelmed. First of all, I adored Katy and her mother. Moving to West Virginia after three years of trying to live a normal life in Florida after her dad died, the one thing she loves to do is gardening. Mustering up the courage to meet her neighbours to ask where the nearest gardening store was, Katy didn't expect Daemon. “Beautiful face. Beautiful body. Horrible attitude. It was the holy trinity of hot boys.” Though, something seems odd about the way they move, how they talk, act, seeming to keep to themselves and how everyone in town stays away from them. Many explanations run through Katy's mind but it was one that she least expected.
Daemon was an Alien.
Or, a Luxen to be more precise. After almost dying countless times and seeing things that weren't supposed to happen, Katy can't do anything but believe that he was an alien.
Besides the amazing writing and characters, what definitely stood out was the romance. Daemon and Katy's relationship was an up and down one. Not like a high school crush. Daemon and Katy can't stand each other. Being in the same room complies too many negative energy between them. It was appealing in the emotional atmosphere it creates. The relationship between them was refreshing. The dance between them is well balanced and defined in a professional way. Jennifer has an art for writing.
All in all, Obsidian was intense and fierce and also addictive. A hot, intriguing boy, a strong, female character that loves to blog, both equate to a book that has earned five stars. (Even more if I could).
Rated [T]
5 STARS!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment away to your hearts desire!